Can you quantify usability? Do you try?
How to manage bug backlogs alongside sprints?
- very dependent on the context you're working in
- don't separate the bugs and other stories
- the tester should be trying to illuminate knowledge of the product
- ... including project risks (like two managers with different goals) to the product
What makes you laugh when you're testing?
- the discovery of the unexpected thing that exposes assumptions were made
- ... examples included a configuration option which was only used in reporting the setting of the option itself; a performance metric reported in mega rather than milli units (against industry standard) which had been that way for years and not been noticed.
- ... but not usually the discovery that some spec item under test isn't implemented right
- aha! vs haha!
- the start of the planning process (but that's an evil laugh to worry developers)
Should developers be testers?